Yare Valley Biscuits
(You can even freeze the dough or up to a month before using )
MAKES: 30- 35 PREP: 10 MINS
COOKING TIME: 15 MINS + 10MINS COOLING
– 120ml Yare Valley Oils Rapeseed Oil
– 55g Softened Butter
– 100g Caster Sugar
– 1 Medium Egg Yolk
– Small handful of sultanas/choc chips (optional)
– Some Orange Zest
– 4 Drops of Vanilla Essence
– 175g Plain Flour (Wholemeal or White)
– 75g Oats
1. Beat the sugar and Yare Valley Oils with the butter until creamy. Then beat in the yolk, flour, oats and remaining ingredients until a smooth dough is made.
2. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in fridge for 30mins. While it is chilling pre- heat oven to 180° C/ 160° C Fan/ as Mark 4 and line two baking trays with baking paper.
3. Sandwich the dough between two cling film sheets and roll out to the thickness of a £1 coin. Cut into festive shapes such as stars and trees and place on tray, leaving a gap between each one. If hanging on tree put a hole in the top of each for the ribbon. Bake for 15mins and once cooled decorate with icing if you so wish.